RE: The Link Between Trust and Information

Linda, in response to your line "What role can libraries play in
delivering such information?". Libraries play a pretty passive role
in the distribution of information. They make the information
available to the public, but do not advertise, promote or hype any
particular literature that they distribute. Your comment raised
the question for me - "what role do libraries have in "promoting"
the literature that they carry?" Are their professional guidelines
that libraries follow? It would seem to me that there may be some
ethical or censoring issues that would accompany what libraries
"promote or don't promote".