What kind and what amount of information do people need?

Hi

I am Tonya from EPA in Region 4.  I have found it hard to provide
specific information to individuals or groups that seem to safisfy
them wholely.  It seems to be easier to supply them with all
the information that is available (sometimes in terms that a
third grader could understand), place the information under
easy to understand topics, and let them research all that
is under those topic headings.

I guess the hardest thing is gathering the information from
as many resources as possible, deciding whether it should be
printed or electronic (depending on the libraries access and the
community or citizens reading levels and computer literacy), and
actually finding out whether there are enough people interested
in specific environmental issues or specific types of environmental
data to go through the trouble of doing such a project.

In addition, it may be that the wheel is being re-invented rather
than being updated (fixed).  There is quite a bit of information
out there already.  Some communities and/or citizens may just
want it handed to them on a silver platter.