RE: "ordinary" citizens info needs

Hi Pat

This is Tonya from Region 4 Community Involvement.  I agree with
the questions that you have presented.  I find that most of the
people in the communities are only concerned when environmental
issues "hit home".  I am thinking about the idea that during the
times that information is presented to the community during
environmental cleanup that other information that may interest
them on a day-to-day basis be provided as well.  For instance, a
few quotes out of a pamphlet that tells them how to conserve water
or how to recycle.

I have found that most community members don't go to the library
obtain environmental information.  So, my first question would
be "How do we get the citizens and community members interested
in environmental issues?"  Other questions of concern would
be whether or not those citizens or community members or computer
literate? What reading levels are they on? How much do they
already know about environmental issues?