RE: "ordinary" citizens info needs

Tonya,
One thing that our office is working on is a project with a local tv station (nbc 04) and an environmental education organization to introduce environmental watershed issues into the weather forecast. It turns out that most people watch the news to get the local weather information, so we are working to get some water information included into the weather. This station features local citizens that are weather watchers and the idea is to get some watershed watchers who would report on special issues in their watersheds. (flood issues concerning
rain, when to put down lawn chemicals and water, etc)

Check out http://wxnet4.nbc4.com/chap4/ground_up/groundup.html
to get an idea of what we are working on.

Do people think that is a good idea?