RE: Question for 21 September: Can we trust the EPA?

Isn't there a Billy Joel song, "A Matter of Trust?"

EPA is a federal agency and operates in an environment of
partisan politics. As a result there is always a tension in
addressing this question.

However, in dealing with the EPA Libraries for a period now
covering parts of four decades, I can say that my interactions
with individuals in the EPA Library Network have NEVER been
tainted with leanings left or right politically. I might add
that individuals' sensitivities to this issue have seen EPA's
librarians "go the extra mile" to assure their service was free
from the body politic.

While the agency may suffer from politics, the libraries and
librarians certainly do not!

Fred Stoss
University at Buffalo