favorite resources

I forgot to mention yesterday that our website http://www.acb-online.org provides educational resources on watershed stewardship and water quality issues. Some materials are specific to the Chesapeake Bay while others are general in nature. We also try to link to valuable websites wherever possible. With regard to Days 2 and 3 questions on favorite online and print environmental resources, I can report that our most common requests from the public include: 1)environmentally sound landscaping information (our Bayscapes program deals with this), 2) information on public access areas to the Chesapeake Bay and its tributaries, and 3) teacher and student resource information. Our information on native plants and sound landscaping is particularly popular because it provides specific lists of beneficial plants, homeowner guides, and a template for homeowners on laying out backyard designs. We also provide an online map of Bayscapes sites for reference. Our citizen monitoring program is also online with maps of monitoring sites and access to our database of monitoring results. Another popular online resource is our Bay Journal (BayJournal.com), which includes many articles of interest to those outside the Bay watershed. For instance, it does a good job of explaining TMDLs something everyone needs to understand. We're heading in the direction of preparing more of our fact sheets and papers for web applications. Teachers in particular seem hungry for anything they can get their hands on to support their EE curriculums. Libraries should certainly be focusing on how to better meet the needs of teachers and students from all grade levels.