RE: Environmental Information needed for local governments

I agree with what you say. It seems we keep reinventing the same things. An easily accessible clearinghouse on the web would make things better. In the East we are dealing with overbuilding on marginal land. Some officials don't care and many do. There is no place to find what other communities have faced this situation recently and how they resolved it. As a public librarian, I am called upon by both public officials and community groups to locate this information. If it can be found, often there is a conflict as to what takes precendence.