introduction

I work with a national organization called the Center for Community
Change (CCC) and I staff a coalition of grassroots organizations
called the Transportation Equity Network.  I'm very interested in
ensuring that useful data about transportation projects and plans
are made available to the public in a manner that is 1) complete,
2) understandable by a non-technical person, 3) and visual.  This
desire is based on past success in the field of community reinvestment
where federal laws required lenders to reveal data about their
lending practices which blew the cover off of redlining.  Information
can be an excellent and powerful tool for community organizing.
I'd like to explore what roles libraries can play.