RE: Maps: How can we help people find environmental information?

I agree that maps can be extremely helpful, but mapping is only one way to help interpret the underlying data. We should be building tools to allow the public to view trends over time on the variables the user selects. This should be a very flexible system. So this current trend to utilize maps goes only so far; to find out if Superfund sites exist more in low-income or minority neighborhoods other statistical and analytic tools are necessary. EPA could build those tools into its systems or, as Mike and others suggest, making sure the data is right and complete so others can do the job.