RE: grey literature

There are several resources that attempt to organize the grey,
non-traditional literature.

Counterpoise (for social responsibilities, and dissent) is a
quarterly abstracting and review journal published specifically
for small, alternative, regional, and progressive presses. The
journal is completing its fourth volume. I am the associate editor,
who covers among other science topics, ecology and the environment.

You might want to contact the journal's editor, Charles Willett
for additional details and subscription information:

Charles Willett, Editor and Publisher
Coounterpoise
CRISES Press, Inc.
1716 SW Williston Road
Gainesville, FL 32608
532/335-2200
willett@gnv.fdt.net

CRISES Press also publishes a biennial directory of "Alternative
Publishers of Books in North America."

I for one am ALWAYS looking for GREEN Grey Literature for my columns,
reviews, and articles in Counterpoise.

There have been a few articles written about developing and
maintaining vertical files (where a lot of grey literature is kept).
I wrote one a long time ago on acid rain.

Fred Stoss
Science and Engineering Library
University at Buffalo