Women and Minorities

parting comments....women and minority roundtable

This is our last day for this conversation. I want to thank you all for
your very thoughtful insights.

I believe we created a good set of questions and concerns that bill
sponsors will look at as they redesign their proposals.

Any parting comments, arguments, or follow-ups from previous questions are
still welcome.

But here is my last question.  We Americans are good at democracy, and this
kind of discussion is democracy at its best. We state our cases well, and
we listen.  And how we react, as this small group, probably offers a fair
view of how other Americans react. So I ask my final question as moderator
and as someone interested in the process of public decision making: Did
anything you read from your fellow participants help you change your mind,
even a bit, on any of the issues?

See you in the funny papers,

Maureen West