Women and Minorities

RE: Questions to ask

For most of my working life, I taught in the California public school system. Because the state has its own retirement system, Social Security was not withheld. Since leaving that system, I pulled that money out and reinvested it in a personally planned, sheltered retirement fund at the advice of a financial consultant.

I have had Social Security withheld for the last six years, only. What impact will this have on my SS payment allotment when I retire?

Thank you for answering my question.