RE: Charlie Hoyt and the Labor Party

I'm sorry to disillusion you, Mr. Anderson, but in most of the
countries I've been in the people do not have a lot of love and
respect for the way we do things.  This is probably fair, because
I think most Americans do not have a lot of liking for the ways
others do things.

The questions are:
Why do we need old age and survivor's and disability insurance?
If we do need it, how can we be sure that every worker in America
 is covered by it?
How can we be sure that whoever takes the insurance premiums will
have the money to pay the claims?
If the government should not do it, who should?
What plans are available for legislation?  Remember what Ross
Perot so wisely says:  "The devil is in the details".

I would say not that it is business that makes America run, but
that it is Americans that make business run.  But it is not true
that everyone has the same opportunities.  Healthy children of
wealthy, educated, good parents generally have far greater
opportunities than sickly children of poor, uneducated, clueless
parents, for example.

As for government management of the social security funds, the
administrative costs at about 1% are far lower than those of
any insurance company or brokerage that I have heard of.  Please
give me the names and addresses of those that do a better job
of managing other peoples' money.