RE: Will Congress answer the public's call for action?

BTW, why has this Clinton purposal earmarked 77% of the surplus for the Trust funds? Hasn't those funds been earmarked for the trust funds before and hasn't those IOU's contributed to the very problem we now face?? In addition, why isn't it 100%. Those funds belong to SS and not the general budget!

In order to safeguard those funds for SS we need to place them where politicians can not get their hands on them. Social Security and the American taxpayer have funded enough pork for this century!

Mac