RE: Will Congress answer the public's call for action?

Congresswoman Thurman continues to insist that "absent a plan, SS will be solvent until the year 2034." Either she ignores the obvious, or those of us who participate in this forum. I would respectfully ask her and any other Congress persons on this forum, "How can SS possibly be solvent until the year 2034 when all we have is useless IOU's that must be redeemed by a tax increase, by the year 2014, to cover the SS shortfall?? This is the type of response, or lack thereof, that stretches the confidence of the American public. Social Security is NOT solvent until the year 2034!
Mac