SS Gained Three years in the Last Two

Why reform now, indeed. The end date for Social Security has already moved from 2029 to 2032 just in the last two years. At that rate the funds will never run out! A thirty year projected future is already twice as much as the projected reserves of many critical raw materials. We have had "only" 15-20 years reserve of oil for instance for as long as I can remember, that is at least fifty years.
These panic discussions about resource limits usually turn out to be just another scam to steal something or in this case maybe some power. It looks to me like this whole debate is just a cover for defaulting on that half trillion dollars of federal bonds in the Social Security files.