SS Reform

Why reform now?- Because our brilliant politicians have decided to put off the collapse of this pyramid scheme until 2034- Oh gee thanks-thats right about the time I will contemplate retiring- I am willing to bet that our concerned politicians will be very eager to tax my ROTH IRA then - When are politicians going to realize that most Americans can survive just fine without all the intervention of the gov't- Last year I saw more of my money go into the bottomless pit of SS than into my own 401k?????- Why???-If an individual has an IRA and a 401k they should be offered the opportunity to opt out of SS- I will gladly go first and am willing to leave everything that I have "contributed" to date on the table-