RE: Final week of the National Dialogue

I am sorry to find this site so late in the game. I feel that it is imperative to stay away from individual stock market investments - those who want may do that without resorting to their social security. There is not a crisis, and those who threaten it are using it for their own purposes. However, the government should not be allowed to borrow from the social security fund, if it in any way threatens individuals' SS savings. In the future, those who have very high incomes could be excluded - their contributions could be looked upon as an extra tax for the support of those in need. This country should not treat its citizens in such a shabby manner -- some of us are too rich, and many are too poor. The object of government programs should be to attempt to equalize the opportunity for all --- in this case our elders --- to live a meaningful life without undue suffering from poverty.