RE: Are Freedom and Social Security compatible?

Marwan,

Excellent post! One of the few logical, factual and coherent examinations of social security's "values" that I've seen posted here. Just as an aside, I usually adhere to the definition of our government as a constitutional republic.

Democracy does not, in and of itself, protect everyone's liberty. A constitution that effectively and dutifully limits government is of more importance in protecting liberty -- the founding principle of our country as you so accurately pointed out.

The only bad thing about your post, not enough emotional rhetoric. The way social issues and politics are currently "discussed", you have to throw some of that in (regardless of whether it's accurate or relevant), or else people won't pay attention to you... lol!