RE: The Great Ponzi Swindle Scheme.

If I understand Ed Von Ruden correctly, he thinks I am against social security payments. I am not. I think the government should guarantee everybody in the US enough to eat and a few other necessities. What I am against is putting all the burdon on wage earners. Tax wealth as well as wages. About 10% of the US population owns about 90% of the wealth of the country--that's about $45 trillion. A 1% tax on the wealth of everyone with assets of more than $1 million would bring in close to $450 billion. That would solve the social security problem forever and in a very simple and fair manner. George