DAILY SUMMARY May 5 - May 10 (Correction)

	CORRECTION TO THE MAY 10TH DAILY SUMMARY

In the May 10th Daily Summary I was careless in recapitulating a
brief exchange about the nature of the unfunded liabilities in the
Social Security Trust Funds.  In the section labeled Ponzi Scheme
I stated that a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries "debunked" the
notion that the system was a Ponzi scheme.  In a post today ridgeway
says I should have used more neutral reportorial language and not
employed a loaded term like "debunked."  I agree with him that it
would have been better if the summary had stated that "a Fellow of
the Society of Actuaries disputed the characterization of the system
as a Ponzi scheme."

Barbara Brandon