RE: SS REFORM

>From: Bill Larsen

The problem with that scenario, is nobody knows how long they will live. How long must the principal last? You end up with most having to buy a life annuity, and we are back to 'income'.

And that assumes that you have enough 'principal' to begin with. Many don't, and that is the problem. Especially those with low incomes. Their income is from SS, annuities and/or pensions. They don't have the savings because they were low or middle wage workers. Indeed, the income should tip you off. If you had a high paying job, your pension usually reflects that higher wage.