RE: May Day and Social Security

Consider: anything that does not have to be "fixed constantly",
that is, which does not change through time, is either the deity
or dead.  Despite what extremists at either end of the political
and intellectual spectra may thing, Social Security is not a god,
and it is not dead either.

After reading this discussion for the last couple of weeks, I
think:

It would be better to not change social security for the next two
years until we can reach a consensus.

At least, we should make only minor modifications to the present
system such as using the "surplus" to shore up the fund.