RE: What "values" created the existing system?

Dear Michael Jones,

	I do have some comments on your latest comment.

	1. My estimate that the six trillion dollar transition cost was
equivalent to doubling the tax for fifty years was plucked out of the air. I
would amend it by replacing fifty with many or replacing doubling with
substantially increasing.
	2. You say paying the transition cost is easy but you do not propose
a procedure.  I am one step ahead in that I have suggested substantially
increasing the current tax rates as a possible procedure.
	3. I think there is a flaw in your interest compounding calculations
in that you compare a current value of $6 trillion with various  revenues
compounded to the end of 30 years. Should you not also compoound the $6
trillion for 30 years?
	4. You assert that no adjustments in the present system should be
made unless the Congress reduces other government spending to your
satisfaction. I simply do not agree with that approach. Certainly all
citizens are entitled to urge Congress to exercise proper budget restraint
but it is foolish in my view to delay wise and prudent changes to Social
Security until the rest of the budget has been fixed to Michael Jones'
satisfaction.