RE: General Comments

I would just like to comment on one point that Mr. Marsden made in
his posting.  I do not disagree, necessarily, with any of the points
made in the posting, with the exception of his comments on
intergenerational equity.  While I agree that I owe a great deal
of gratitude to those in past generations, who provided me with
the infrastructure that I enjoy today, along with a civilized and
peaceful (for the most part) society, I disagree that that debt of
gratitude means that I should just accept that I am paying for
their retirement, with little likelihood that the system that
supports them will be around when I retire.  First of all, the
building of infrastructure never ends.  In my home state of Utah,
along with my current home of Virginia, massive road projects are
very commonplace, as are school construction, and every other form
of infrastructure construction.  The building and maintaining of
infrastructure, as well as the building and maintaining of peace
is not something that was done by those who came before, and then
stopped.  In addition to continuing the construction of infrastructure,
and maintaining of peace, my generation is also taxed at a much
higher rate than generations before, so not only are current
generations receiving less return on Social Security, but we also
pay more to receive that lowered return, while having to work
ceacelessly to maintain that which our forebearers built.

yours,

Jeremy Kidd