Re: DAILY SUMMARY April 30

1.  Strongly feel that some percentage of your social security contribution
should be allowed to be directed towards a personal 401K type account that is
in your name and with the same type of rules and penalties for early
withdrawal.  There should be some mechanism for a person to be able to "wean"
hemself/herself off the system over a 10 or 15 year period if they can prove
they have been good stewards of the part they have some control of.  The
payback for being a good steward is that the percentage of your ss
contribution that you can self direct increases over time i. e. 10-15% 1st
five years, then to 20/25% next five years and then on and on until you reach
100% of your current contribution is going to your own 401K type account.

2.  On federal govt. double dipping.  I am a recently retired pilot from the
Air Force and I know that the AF is in need of rated expertise at their
different HQs and Major Commands.  There are a lot of empty, critical rated
positions that could be filled by retired pilots so that the current active
duty pilots could be better used in the field in a flying position.  I have
served 26 years and feel that I have "earned" my first retirement and will
not take any job that will take part of what I have earned away from me.  I
also believe I have a lot of expertise that could be used by the federal
government that other civilians might not necessarily have or understand.
Would like to see all double dipping laws deleted.

Thank you,

Kent Reedy, Lt Col, USAF
Retired