RE: James' reply to Thanks, Don and Dorothy

>From: Richard Arsinow

But few privatization advocates have really accounted on where we get the money to fund those benefits. Paying for both full current benefits and 'recognition' will involve massive borrowing. It's pretty easy to ignore the future debt or taxes required to pay for that, but in the end, somebody (read 'taxpayer') has to pay for it. And where is that little 'fact' considered in the CATO calculator? It is not. What percentage of future income will be needed to carry and retire those debts? We need to know those 'minor details' to evaluate whether the reform is really any better than what we have now.

Maybe not officially, but Peterson (the head of the Concord Coalition) sure does, and his opinions are prominently displayed at their site:

>From Peterson at Concord Coalition site:

But you are right, I was mistaken in that they had not been mentioned on this forum. My apologies.