RE: James' reply to Thanks, Don and Dorothy

>From: Richard Arsinow

>From: James

>From: Richard Arsinow

My observation was that, on this board, you are more likely to find advocates of "saving" or "strengthening" suggesting means testing than you are to find advocates of "privatization" suggesting means testing. Most advocates of "privatization" writing on this board want promised benefits to be guaranteed to current retirees who have paid in for so many years, just as they want full recognition of all past contributions as part of a transition.

Walter Hart seems to be alone, among writers to this board, in advocating privatization and also means testing.

The Concord Coalition does not strongly advocate privatization. They are a major sponsor of forums and discussions about various alternatives, as is ADSS. Further, while a number of participants here have cited the Cato Institute plan as an excellent solution (which demands guarantees of the government's promised benefits to current retirees and does not wish to see anyone denied benefits), you are the first to even mention the Concord Coalition here.