Re: WEEKLY SUMMARY April 19-23

I'm not sure if this is the proper method of getting my views known about
the social security issues, but I'd like to express them and please forward
them to the appropriate place, if not.

I'm almost 62 and recently retired and my concerns are that changes will be
made that will impact my future and I will be too old to go back into the
workplace to add to my income.  All I ask is that I get the money back that
I put into the system all of my working years at a nominal amount of
interest for the fact that the government had my money all these years.  I
did some calculations a while back and it seems impossible for me to get my
money back,  if interest at even 5% is taken into account.  Social security
was never advertised as a wellfare system, but rather a savings plan, so
that people who can't or wouldn't save would have something in their old
age.  Any form of means testing removes the fairness from the system.
Fairness to me is that you get back in proportion to what you put in.  I
fully support those who have said "those of us that have been prudent and
saved over the last 30 or 40 years should not now be penalized for that
saving and take away what we put into the system because we have other
income based on the savings and not spending all of every paycheck each
week.

Thanks for letting me express my views.