RE: Social Security is Anti-Family & Anti-Parenting

This argument of children as productive, capital assets belonging either to the family or society is interesting yet not really a view that I'm that comfortable with. While family is important, we are also part of a larger society. . It's not as if there aren't provisions that help families financially in their child rearing task. Perhaps that larger society isn't giving adequate support to families raising children given the realities of the world. I much rather look at that directly rather than to try and fit the question in with the SS program.

I do wonder what would happen if there was some way to link how productive children became to society with the financial well-being of their parents. It certainly would link the incentive of parent with that of the larger society.