Government efficiency & privatization

Keep in mind that $.30 per dollar collected actually gets to the
intended recipient of our governments social programs. 70% is spent
on administration. Would you donate money to a private charity that
spent 70% of moneys received on salaries & office expenses? Private
charities often achieve administrative costs of as little as 5 to
10 % of moneys collected. I would much rather see the United Way
and other private organizations and churches providing for those
with disabilities or down on their luck.

I would feel that my money was not wasted by bureaucrats trying to
justify their existence and measuring their worth by the size of
their budgets.

The private organization or church might have some incentive to
try and improve the recipient's situation. The government has no
incentive to do so and may actually foster dependence to ensure
the bureaucrats continued employment.

And if I had the 12.4% confiscated from me, more would be donated.
America is one of the most generous nations when it comes to giving
money to charities, even though they are the one of the highest
taxed nations. This would not change and might actually improve if
people had the money that is confiscated from them by the government.