Re: Getting real EE Release the Raw Data!

Rich and discussion followers -
>"I see - so the way to preserve public trust in EPA is not to let
>people know how bad the data is? Well, that's been tried."

Actually, just the opposite. My statement was not about censorship, it was about providing the information within the context from which it was collected. I don't want to over-simplify, but for example: IF the EPA released water testing data from around the state of Colorado, it would be important to me to know where the samples were taken. If the report also indicated that the tests were all done above 13,000ft., It would impact how I interpret the data.

My point was not to emphasize the decision of what information the EPA should share, my point is that the data - for the consumer to accurately understand the possible strengths or shortfalls of the information - needs to be shared within the context of where it was collected, who did the research, the methods utilized to test, when the research was done, etc. I think this can and should be done as objectively as possible.

Dan Kahl