RE: Changing Usage of Public Libraries

The main problem with a centralized library is that community activists need information about local, current issues that aren't in any database. For example, a new highway that would cut our community in half has been proposed. There are four alternate plans for it and citizens need the maps of the four proposals. A librarian notified by the group fighting the highway would be able to obtain the maps to fax to people. In this regard, I think the idea of EPA training local librarians about finding such information is a good one.