Digital Devida

Michael has a valid point.  It isn't just older computer that
cause long downloads, poor phone lines which are prevailent
also cause problems. I think this is a national problem,
especially in rural areas.

  Some web sites give the option of, "text only". This may be one
possibilitly.

  For myself I experience problems in the lack of uniformity, of
homepage structures for the various government functions. My
interest is radioactive waste. I find it necessary to search for
information at the EPA, DOE, NRC, Army Corps of Engineers, BLM,
BIA and state home pages.

  Perhaps a devided uniform structure could be devised that would
allow, general or amature exploration of a agency site as well as
a "advanced" feature for serious research.