RE: Danger in Small/Rural Libraries Being Proactive?

I've never walked in the shoes of a librarian, but my experience working on community environmental issues suggests that even the most fair-minded, credible information broker can find themselves mired in controversy when they share information.

Still, it would seem that librarians have a proud history of facing up to controversy, and I suspect that as more libraries become proactive in sharing environmental info, the acceptability of that approach will grow.