RE: Maps: How can we help people find environmental information?

The new HUD site is very nice and is working for me right now.

EPA has a lot of mapping sites working right now: some of the most used are:

Enviromapper: The EnviroMapper application provides users with interactive Geographic Information System (GIS) functionality using Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) spatial data. EnviroMapper allows users to view spatial data at the national, state, and county levels, as well as utilize GIS functionality, such as displaying multiple spatial layers, zooming, panning, identifying features, displaying latitude and longitude, and querying single Envirofacts points.
(http://www.epa.gov/enviro/index_java.html)

Watershed Atlas The Watershed Atlas is a catalog of geo-spatial displays and analyses of information and data important for watershed protection and restoration. You can use the catalog by geography, theme, key word,or source/organization.
(http://www.epa.gov/wateratlas/)

EPA is developing more mapping applications and tools that should be released by the end of this year.