RE: Question for Sept. 22: Web Links between national and localresources

Hi, I'm with EPA Region III. My role here is as the Community-based Environmental Protection Coordinator. A few years ago, we developed a program to help us reach out to local communities with information and tools around issues of environmental protection and sustainable development. The keystone of our Green Communities program is an on-line assistance kit (www.epa.gov/greenkit). This web site is organized around a 5-step question-based planning framework (where are we now, where are we going....) and provides a variety of tools and information that may assist communities in their planning and development efforts. The goal was to provide access to information from a wide range of sources (not just EPA). We wanted to provide this in such a way that would make sense to people. I would be interested in hearing from folks if they see this web site as a useful way to share information broadly. and in such a way that it is relevant to communities.

Secondly, I would be interested in hearing of ways that we could interface with libraries to provide even greater access to this kind of information.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or feedback you may have.

Sue McDowell