RE: Draft EPA Documents

I too have the same kind of problem as Ms. Skokan. As analogy, it's kind of like having to use a dictionary to find out the spelling of a word you don't know how to spell! If you don't know it's going on, it's hard to know to look for it. It not only applies to what's going on in your community, but what's going on in others as well.

As an example, there's a Project XL program being proposed for the Chicago area. I wouldn't have known about it if I was not alerted to it through one of the e-mail lists I subscribe to. This project, should it go forward, may have very important implications for any community with ozone nonattainment problems. Therefore, I feel, even though I don't live in Chicago, I am a stakeholder that would like to have the opportunity to have a say about the project.

After a little surfing around EPA's Project XL web site (www.epa.gov/Project/XL), I did find information on this project. (It wasn't that easy to get to.) I'm a little surprised however, that I never got notification through USEPA Region 5 e-mail news releases.