print access

This is my first posting and I am both a librarian and an environmentalist. I would like to make a couple of comments about access to documents for a superfund site.

Presently, all of the information for the local superfund site (i.e., administratve record, etc.) is housed in a room at the local city-county health department. There is no good control on this information and it is only available during the day.

I know, from my past experience as a librarian, that there is nothing more difficult than trying to organize a small collection in a setting that is not connected to a library.

Are there any suggestions on how to control this type of information, and make it avaiable, when most of it is not on the web?