A question for the librarians

After many years of work with a variety of environmental groups, I'm convinced that one of the things we all tend to have considerable difficulty with is good distribution plans for documents and materials we prepare. Too often, we distribute primarily amongst ourselves, taking our message to the choir and not reaching out.

Unfortunatley, reaching out can be difficult and expensive. Do you think libraries would be receptive to receiving publications (both notices of online info and hard copies) from environmental groups? If so, do you have suggestions for how a group with a limited budget might target selected libraries to receive publications? Are there associations of "environmental librarians" that a group might contact for guidance and suggestions on targetted library distribution for a particular publication?