Response to S. Curwood's q's

I think the EPA's sites are difficult at best to navigate.  Recent
statistical information is buried within the pages.  If you don't
have the exact document identification number or the exact title,
your search often ends up fruitless.  Although, there is a large
quantity of information there, links are often not working or
documents that are listed as "down-loadable" are not available.
But if you know exactly what you want and have a vague idea about
which office it falls under, you can get what you need.  Most of
the documents I've seen are not current by my standards (they are
more than 2 years old).  This creates a problem - I know there is
more recent information available.  Problem is how do I access it?

Overall the EPA websites for individual offices are a great
introduction.  There are graphics and inter-active areas right
upfront.  I think this helps to draw people in.  The initial
information is easy to understand and short enough to keep most
people's (kids and adults) attention.  My problem with the pages
begins when you try to figure out who answers to who, which areas
share information and research and what the policies and regulations
are of each specific office.  There needs to be an organizational
structure posted somewhere that outlines all of the areas the EPA
handles and what office the information can be found in.