Timeliness of Information

In addition to questions of quality and quantity, I think it's useful to raise thee issue of timeliness of information.

For instance, an application for a Title V operating could be sitting in a file somewhere for years, but the public will not be aware of an opportunity to comment on the permit until a public notice is issued. Then there will be just 30 days to in which to react. Citizens need better advance warning of agency actions that will impact their community, plus early access to information, like applications and prior permits, that will help them prepare for comment periods.

It's also a problem that much of the information in environmental databases is old by the time it becomes publically available. While I appreciate the availability of information, I think the effectiveness of information like TRI data is often limited by its age.