Introduction

I'm a multidisciplinary environmentalist, sometimes calling myself a researcher, and other times a database programmer, but a lot of what I do is a specialized form of librarianship. I create programs that let people access numerical and text-based environmental data through the Web. I've worked on RTK NET (www.rtk.net) electronic public access to data since 1991. Currently I work half time for the National Environmental Trust, a Washington-based environmental group, and do consulting for other environmental and governmental groups in the other half of my time.