Introduction

Hello fellow e-conference-goers,

I work for Friends of the Earth, a Washington, DC based environmental activist group (non-profit). Friends of the Earth seeks to assist community activists and environmental advocates in having a more informed and more effective role in decision-making. And, as we all know, information is power.

Over the years we have run programs specifically designed to help activists and concerned citizens get more information about their environmental quality and health risks. Friends of the Earth is interested in promoting public access to information that will help them understand their environment and take action on the problems that concerns people.

I am excited about this e-conference and hope that I can learn something and contribute a useful perspective. Please feel free to contact me at:

Gawain Kripke
Friends of the Earth
gkripke@foe.org