Introduction and a quick thought

I've been an academic librarian for more than 20 years and an
original chair of ALA's Task Force on Environment. I'm now heading
up a new office here at MSU on Campus Sustainability that is funded
by an EPA grant. I have been equally involved in community and
environmental efforts over that same tenure. I think that our
ignorance will be with us forever. The best we can do is see things
more wholly over time. With that philosophy in mind, I believe what
we need from EPA is information that helps us make daily decisions,
that based upon the best current science we would follow at the
moment. For example, I was just visiting the new Oberlin College
Environmental Studies center over the weekend.

I noticed they had opted for paper towels in their bathrooms over
the electric hand dryeres. What is the current science behind that
decision? Where do the numbers come from? What are the assumptions
that underly that decision?

Good morning to you all...

all good things,

terry link