RE: Question: Does the employee in fact pay the employer's share of FICA taxes?

This would appear to be so obvious that I'm surprised there is even debate
about it.

If the employer does not hire (or fires) the particular employee, do they still
pay the 6.2%? Of course not. And if the employee goes somewhere else to work,
doesn't that new employer now contribute the 6.2%? So obviously the tax is tied
to the employee and must be a result of his/her own labor.

Normally we keep the fruit of our labor, but where does this 6.2% go? To the
U.S. Government for social security. Therefore, the tax is on the laborer and
in fact has nothing to do with the employer.