RE: Question: Does the employee in fact pay the employer's share of FICA taxes?

I concur that to a large extent this is philosophical. however where I work my salary is always calculated with all costs including FICA and other employee benefits. My employer always uses these inflated numbers when they negotiate for wages with us.

So it would seem to me at least from a philosophical standpoint we are paying both halves of FICA.

Cheers!
Currie