RE: Avoiding Distortion of the Facts in 2000

I completely agree with Bill Archer that it is crucial that the American public educate themselves on the complexities of the Social Security system. But I think that the education process should start at the high school and college level.
I attended a small discussion group organized by the Concord Coalition where about 10 students from Santa Clara University in California invited by their professor of economics spent about 2 hours evaluating the impact of various reforms.
I was very impressed by the good sense and logic of these young men and women.
This type of discussion should be repeated 10,000 times.
As for adults, there are a number of web sites that can be helpful such as mine:
http://members.aol.com/adseale/socsec.html