RE: Citizen Question

	I agree.  We should explore the policy implications of various
Social Security reform proposals and proceed in a manner which protects the
retirement security of all citizens.  By holding committee hearings that
focus on how various reform plans would be implemented, we will be a better
position to assess the commonalties between the President's plan and the
Archer-Shaw proposal.  The President has delineated a framework for reform,
as has Chairman Archer and now it is our responsibility to continue in the
path they have forged.  However, as Congress moves towards reform we must
include all viewpoints and work together, both with each other, as well as
with the President.

Rep. Xavier Becerra