RE: Social Security Roundtable

This is may be off point, but as a career employee of SSA I have to protest them statement regarding the paucity of successful government solutions.

>From the large (The New Deal) to the mundane (as a Social Security claims representative in the '70s I recall any number of personal examples of solving problems for individual beneficiaries with service dilemmas) the history of this country is replete with examples of successful government solutions.

If Mr. Von Ruden is unable to recall substantial successes resulting from the actions of the Federal government, I suggest he spend some time in the history department of his public library.